Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Poem for Mom

Mama there can be no way for me to explain
all my love and gratitude
Even though there were times growing up
when I gave you attitude
Despite all the troubles you stayed strong
and always kept it real
There are no words that can express
just how you make me feel
When my world got dark and gloomy
you were my shining star
You shone your light down on me
believed that I'd go far
There's times where I would catch you
with a tear in your eye
We have the same overwhelming emotion
it would always make me cry
When I was a little kid I loved getting into
all different kinds of trouble
As I got older you were there to pick me up
when I'd fall down and stumble
When my world seemed helpless
you were always there for me
You never left my side
you cared unconditionally for me
When I went through a string of tough times
my life felt rather hopeless
You picked up the phone and helped me
get my vision back into focus
Even at my lowest point
when you picked me up from the jail
You taught me I could find the gate to heaven
from going through this hell
To me it's unbelievable
the strength and wisdom you carry
I pray that my wife has half the traits
that you do when I marry
There are times when I get lonely
I wish that you were here
Cause there is no one else who can tell me
exactly what I need to hear
Being a man sometimes I hold back my emotion
and try to act so tough
But the fact is I miss you every day
even if I don't say it much
You raised me to be respectful to women
and be a role model to kids
You're a beautiful soul I hope I can impact
as many lives as you did
I wish there were a way to pay you back
for all you've done for me
I could spend the rest of my life giving
that won't justify a thing
All I can do is give you my love
to show you I understand
Be proud that your pumpkin seed
has grown into man
I will love you always and forever
try to take care of your needs
All I could ask from you now
sit back and enjoy this life please
Because through it all you truly deserve
to be the happiest woman alive
Look at all you've done for us
I thank the Lord that you gave me life

No comments:

Post a Comment